Military Life Cover and Serious Illness
If you are a serving member of the Armed Forces, the insurance you will need will be very different to that of a civilian. With only a limited choice of providers available that do not penalise members of the Armed Forces, it’s important to ensure you are covered with the most appropriate policy.
Did you know that some insurance companies
- Charge more for Armed Forces Personnel
- Have a War Zone Exclusion on their policies
Our Armed Forces experts have years of experience with helping Forces families plan to ensure their financial security if the worst should happen.
By considering things like
- Debts like loans and credit cards
- The costs of bringing up children
- Household bills
Our advisers can build up a picture of your finances and model what could happen if your family were to suffer a death or a Serious Illness diagnosis. By talking with us you will have bespoke advice, tailored to you and we will ensure that any policy arranged does not carry a War Zone Exclusion.
Military Kit and Contents
If you work for the Armed Forces you’ll have been issued with kit either on a permanent or temporary basis. Military Kit insurance is designed to cover you if you have to replace your kit due to loss, damage or theft.
Licence to Occupy
Your Military Kit policy doesn’t just cover you for your issued kit, it will also cover you if you accidentally damage the Mess, Block or Married Quarter. This is known as your “Licence to Occupy” liability.
It’s not just your Military Kit you can cover. All the items you carry around with you can be protected against loss, damage or theft.
Worldwide loss or damage to:
- Valuables such as jewellery, medals and cameras
- Money and credit card liability
- Personal effects such as phones, laptops, tablets and bicycles
Cover for the property within your home. Protect yourself against the risk of fire, flood or theft. With Accidental damage included as standard and cover up to £60,000
- Household contents whilst in the home including clothes, home entertainment equipment, frozen food, documents, credit card liability, keys and locks, domestic heating oil and water. Students’ belongings and emergency entry are also included.
- Loss or damage to contents caused by fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, riot, malicious persons, subsidence, escape of water (such as burst pipes or tanks) or oil, theft, collision, collapse of aerials, falling trees.
- Contents in the garden including garden furniture, plants and trees.
- Contents during removals and in storage anywhere in the world.
- Accidental damage included as standard.